Wednesday, February 27, 2013

One Step Closer

Well, I did it!  I deleted my Facebook account.  Actually, I deactivated it.  I will probably go back at some point because I do like to stay connected to friends and family but for now I already feel a sense of relief!  I think the thing I'm having the most separation anxiety about are the photo's I have on there.  I think at some point I will either put them on my laptop or maybe go to CVS where I can print them off.  Many of the pictures are mobile uploads and are not on any camera or computer and not even my current phone since I've recently gotten a new one. 

I went out to breakfast with my Mom this morning and we decided to run into the dreaded Walmart while we were out.  I picked up a bottle of lemon oil and I can't wait to lemon oil all of my furniture and cabinets.  It's going to smell so good in here!  There's just something about a clean smell that makes you feel happy and content.  I really love for my house to be clean and I love it even more when it smells good!  If you haven't tried lemon oil you really need to give it a shot.  It gives the furniture the most beautiful sheen and actually repels dust.  And, of course, it has a lovely smell.

Maybe I'll get into the kitchen and bake something before my husband comes home.  A clean lemony fresh home and something baking in the oven just scream LOVE!  He really enjoys having homemade bread.  Unfortunately, our waist lines don't enjoy it as much.  Although, I'm hoping as I get closer to my goals of being less electronically connected and more connected to my home I'll burn more calories!

Speaking of baking I've planned my Sunday Dinner menu.  As I was thinking about it last night it occurred to me that my oldest daughter has a birthday coming up so I decided to make this Sunday's meal a birthday dinner for her.  I asked her last night what she would like to have and she said Cornbread Casserole and This Strawberry Cake by Ms. Paula Deen.  The cornbread casserole is basically a soup based chicken casserole with a cornbread topping instead of the usual crackers, chips, bread crumbs, etc. that are normally used.  I'll also make a green salad and maybe some roasted asparagus or roasted carrots to go along side.  It's going to be lovely!

I hear lemon oil calling my name so I better strike while the iron is hot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, offer suggestions, or just chat. However, remember this is my blog, with my own thoughts and opinions so please refrain from harsh or unkind words. They aren't necessary and won't be tolerated.